Login NowClose 
Sign In to ftimes.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account
Close

Safe Routes to Schools sidewalk work starts

BY SHARON BARDONNER - sbardonner@ftimes.com

The City of Frankfort will begin work on its Safe Routes to Schools sidewalk improvements on Wednesday at 8 a.m.

The work will begin at First and White Streets. Residents in the area are asked to park on only the south side of White Street until further notice.

The city announced Monday that crews will work on White Street between First and Jackson Streets for the next several days.

The entire initiative encompasses 36,000 square feet of sidewalks near the Community Schools of Frankfort’s three elementary schools – Suncrest on Kyger Street, and Green Meadows Intermediate and Blue Ridge on South Jackson Street.

The construction cost for the project is $673,996, with the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) funding 80 percent of the cost and the City of Frankfort paying the remaining 20 percent, or $134,799.

Progress meetings will be scheduled throughout the duration of the project this summer, and citizens can log into the city’s Web site at frankfort-in.gov and and the city, mayor and Street Department’s Facebook pages for updates as well.