Login NowClose 
Sign In to ftimes.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account
Close

Man snatches purse at Frankfort restaurant

BY SHARON BARDONNER - sbardonner@ftimes.com

A Frankfort man pled guilty to a Class A misdemeanor charge of theft In Clinton Circuit Court Friday and was sentenced to one year, according to Deputy Prosecutor Chris Vawter. 

According to the court affidavit, Frankfort Police officers were dispatched July 3 to an eastside fast food restaurant on a report of purse-snatching. 

A woman and her daughter were sitting in a booth at the restaurant with a man and a woman sitting directly behind them. The complainant told officers she had left her purse next to her daughter in the booth, went to the counter to get their food, and the man jumped up, grabbed the purse and ran out of the restaurant with it.

Bystanders directed the officers to a vacant home, where they found the woman and arrested her on a warrant and resisting law enforcement.

White said she had been at the restaurant with the suspect, Jacob Pickett, 32, of Frankfort, and he had advised her to leave. After she did, he took the purse and ran in the opposite direction that she had, according to the court document.

Officers found Pickett later, and he admitted taking the woman’s purse, along with $20 from it. He said he had tossed the purse with its remaining contents in the woods, where the officers took Pickett and recovered it, the affidavit detailed.