Login NowClose 
Sign In to ftimes.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account
Close

Historic Michigantown Gym

Bit of history: The Michigantown Lions Club received a commemorative plaque with an article and picture that appeared in the August 14, 2019 edition of the Indianapolis Star. The article tells the story of the historic 1924 gymnasium and how it was saved from demolition by the Michigantown Lions Club in 1970 to become the centerpiece of activities in Michigantown today. The plaque was a gift from Clinton County historian Leroy Good to the Michigantown Lions Club. It is currently on display in the Museum of Michigantown History, located inside the historic gymnasium building. Tours and building rental are available for small and large groups. Please call 765-432-0191 for further information. Pictured with the plaque are, from left, Michigantown Lions Club members Kathy Blanch, Don Blanch, Dennis Shoup, Sam Fields, Leroy Good, Pat Newton, Carolyn Fields, Linda Barnett and Larry Newton.

 Historic Michigantown Gym